I’ve spent what time I could this weekend putting in a few updates and tweaks to my main website and the sandbox site. I’ve added custom 404 pages to both sites as well as updating the .htaccess settings.
I have a very poor history of maintaining a blog with any regularity. Usually my blogging comes in short sprints after making a New Years Resolution, or during some personal event that inspired me to resume my attempts at writing. These blogging sprints have faltered because I have tended to write mostly about myself, and self-involved navel-gazing doesn’t make for very interesting writing.
I haven’t really kept any records as to the number of times I’ve redesigned, rebuilt, recoded, or otherwise modified my personal website since it first went live. So it would be a futile exercise to attempt to label it with a version number. Suffice it to say that I’ve been spending some time cultivating my corner of the internet garden, and here it is. After trying to wrangle a new Wordpress theme into submission for several months with several unsatisfying results, the Jekyll platform came across my radar and I decided to kick Wordpress to the curb.